Alpha blending ...

dave "who can do? ratmandu!" ratcliffe dave at sgi.com
Thu Sep 6 04:46:08 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep5.171056.23011 at odin.corp.sgi.com> robert at sgi.com writes:

>In article <1990Sep5.151623.12906 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>,
>gautamm at kandinsky.ncsa.uiuc.edu (Gautam Mehrotra) writes:
>|> Is there any way I can use the alpha blending hardware to display
>You should use Z-buffering instead.  The Z buffer does hidden surface
>elimination at each individual pixel, so intersecting primitives are
>no problem.  Its a snap to use, just do this
>
>	zbuffer( TRUE );
>	gconfig();

  correction:  it is not necessary to include a call to "gconfig();"
  after calling "zbuffer(TRUE);".  jury, strike the above reference to
  gconfig(); from your collective minds.
--
                                             daveus rattus

                                   yer friendly neighborhood ratman

                              KOYAANISQATSI

   ko.yan.nis.qatsi (from the Hopi Language)  n.  1. crazy life.  2. life
     in turmoil.  3. life out of balance.  4. life disintegrating.
     5. a state of life that calls for another way of living.