Info wanted on 4D/20

Peter S. Shenkin shenkin at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu
Tue Sep 25 00:31:39 AEST 1990

In article <19400008 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> cs122ae at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>Anybody know benchmark ratings on the 4D/35 yet???

I'm looking at the 4D-35 brochure from SGI.  It's rated at 27 MIPS,
5.0 MFLOPS, both "(est)".  It's got 64 kB data cache, 64 kB instruction cache,
(compared to 32/64 on the 4D-25), will accept up to 128 Mb main memory

Question:  is this done using 8Mb SIMMS or by providing double the slots?.

Another Question:  what do I have to specify to a third party vendor to
get 4MB SIMMS for my 4D-25 that I will be able to continue to use if I get
the -35 upgrade?

	-P.
Peter S. Shenkin, Department of Chemistry, Barnard College, New York, NY  10027
(212)854-1418  shenkin at cunixc.cc.columbia.edu(Internet)  shenkin at cunixc(Bitnet)
***"In scenic New York... where the third world is only a subway ride away."***