Pinnacle Magneto Optical Disks

William Sherman -Visualization wsherman at newton.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Sep 28 03:50:12 AEST 1990

There are two companies that I know of that sell MO systems specifically
for SGI's.  I've been talking to both for about a year, so by now, they've
had time to work out some/most/all of the problems.  The companies are
(in no particular order):

	Introl Corp.
	2675 Patton Road
	St. Paul, MN  55113
	(612) 631-7600
	They have both a ~600 Meg/disk system, and a 1024 Meg/disk
		system.

	Genesis Imaging Technologies, Inc.
	1220 Valley Forge Rd.
	Valley Forge, PA  19482-0962
	(215) 933-4848
	They sell only the 600 Meg MO drives.  Although I think they
		have a 25 platter Jukebox.

Of course, the usable storage per disk is reduced by formatting, and
also (this is VERY important) the disks are two sided, only one of
which is accessable at a time - you have to physicaly flip the disk
to access the other half.

Disclaimer:  I am not associated with either company.  I havn't bought
a product from either company, although I'm still hoping.  And, these
products are not necessarily the companines full product line.  Only
the MO products that I happen to know about.

	Bill

/************************************************************************/
/* Bill Sherman								*/
/* National Center for Supercomputing Applications			*/
/* University of Illinois						*/
/* Champaign-Urbana							*/
/* Internet: wsherman at ncsa.uiuc.edu					*/
/*   "You want to do mankind a real service?  Tell funnier jokes."	*/