Pinnacle Magneto Optical Disks

Finn Drablos finn.drablos at sintef.no
Thu Sep 27 23:46:21 AEST 1990

In our everlasting hunt for more disk space we have started to think
about magneto optical disks. We have been contacted by a company
selling Pinnacle systems, and we have been looking at the REO-650
disk. It is a SCSI disk, and we want to connect it to a 4D25TG. But
they (the norwegian company) have no experience with SGI systems.

Any comments/hints/advices regarding magneto optical disks in general
and Pinnacle systems in particular will be very much appreciated.

And a related question. I assume that magneto optical disks will not
be affected by strong magnetic fields outside the drive. As I am
working in a Nuclear Magnetic Resonance research center, it is nice
to know if anything may happen to may data when I carry my disk past
one of the magnet rooms ...

Thanks in advance !!!

Finn Drablos                 PHONE +47 7 997710       FAX +47 7 997708
MR-Senteret, UNIMED, SINTEF  C=no;P=uninett;O=sintef;G=finn;S=drablos;
N-7034 TRONDHEIM, NORWAY     MHS(EAN)    : finn.drablos at sintef.no
                             EARN/BITNET : drabloes at norunit