new user .cshrc file question

randy frank randy at tessa.iaf.uiowa.edu
Wed Sep 12 05:03:22 AEST 1990

Hello,
	Question: when using the graphical system administration
tools where do the .cshrc and .login files come from for a new user?
Under the old adm scripts they came from /etc/stdlogin and /etc/stdcshrc.
It seems that the graphical tools take this info from the /etc/cshrc file
and the /etc/stdlogin file.  I have a special accounting program which
is launched by the /etc/cshrc file and it got copied into a new user's
 .cshrc file where it launched itself and proceeded to run .cshrc and
launch itself which ran .cshrc and so on until the process table filled up.
The accounting program keeps track of graphics head login time as opposed
to normal login time so I can bill extra for sitting in the pretty seat.
(Neat hang, took at least 10 min to figure out what script was spawning
itself and another 10 to find out why.)
	So if the graphical tools copy /etc/cshrc how can I make them copy
/etc/stdcshrc instead (like the old adduser script does)??
Thanks...
--
rjf.
Randy Frank, Engineer                       |  (319) 335-6712