A problem with xhost?

Mike Yang mikey at eukanuba.wpd.sgi.com
Tue Sep 18 05:27:21 AEST 1990

In article <9009170230.AA00690 at smithkline.com>, dixons%phvax.dnet at SMITHKLINE.COM writes:
|> I have noticed a similar problem with gettin xhost to pay attention to
|> commands.  It seems to respond OK but then forgets what you tell it.

The X server will reset itself when there are no clients.  Therefore,
if your server is running but you have no X clients, when you run
xhost it establishes a connection, it does its stuff, it exits, the X
server resets and effectively undoes what xhost did.

The solution, as you noticed, is to run an X client to keep the server
from resetting when xhost exits,