1.2GB SCSI Disks?

Mark Bradley markb at mark.Solbourne.COM
Sat Sep 8 06:25:55 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep7.112245.2982 at sgzh.uucp> root%sgzh.uucp at uunet.uu.net (Bruno Pape) writes:
>I am now somewhat more informed about SMD and IPI disks.
>
>The next question I have is, what will happen if I take a 1.2GB SCSI
>disk that we sell for the PI and put it in the twin tower for say a
>320VGX in place of the normal 760MB SCSI?  Will this work?  What fun
>suprises may lay in store?
>
>Thanks again,
>
>Bruno

It will cause a complete power failure for not only your 320VGX, but for the
entire building in which the machine is housed.

But really, the termination for the PI is external, and on the twin tower,
is integral to the disk.  make sure it's terminated correctly.  If you
don't know the details of this, you should probably not try this yourself.

						markb

--
Mark Bradley   (DoD#1100)		  Faster, faster, until the thrill
I/O Subsystems				of speed overcomes the fear of death.