/usr/etc/resolv.conf (and colors)

Mark Callow msc at ramoth.esd.sgi.com
Sat Sep 15 03:39:24 AEST 1990

In article <9009131247.aa24390 at ADM.BRL.MIL>, SOFPJF at VM.UOGUELPH.CA (Peter
Jaspers-Fayer) writes:
|> The wsh and textcolor commands talk about the 'current color map', but
|> that didn't help me much and I couldn't find a way with apropos or any
|> man page to map the numbers to the colours.  Experimentation reveals that
|> the colours (0,1,2,...) are in the order of the bottom colour bar on the
|> QuickPaint screen. `xshowcmap` also shows this order.  Mine are:

Use showmap from the "Tools" toolchest (/sur/sbin/showmap) to look at the
colormap.  Color 0 - 31 are on the bottom row of its display with 0 at the
left.

A program can use the {rgb,hsv}{i,} functions to find the index of the closest
color in the default color map to that specifed as the function argument.
--
>From the TARDIS of Mark Callow
msc at ramoth.sgi.com, ...{ames,decwrl}!sgi!msc
"There is much virtue in a window.  It is to a human being as a frame is to
a painting, as a proscenium to a play.  It strongly defines its content."