/usr/etc/resolv.conf (and colors)

Peter Jaspers-Fayer SOFPJF at VM.UOGUELPH.CA
Fri Sep 14 02:54:29 AEST 1990

There has been some talk here about resolv.conf, and I'd like to ask a
question: If you create that file, then then System/Sytem manager/Networking
toolchest menu complains that it can't do anything.  Why?  (I'm running 3.3.1)

On a totally unrelated note:
Just so this won't be a total waste of bandwidth, here's a small tip:

The wsh and textcolor commands talk about the 'current color map', but
that didn't help me much and I couldn't find a way with apropos or any
man page to map the numbers to the colours.  Experimentation reveals that
the colours (0,1,2,...) are in the order of the bottom colour bar on the
QuickPaint screen. `xshowcmap` also shows this order.  Mine are:

Black, Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, Purple, SkyBlue, White, Grey etc.
33 -> 55 is a greyscale from black to white.

Of course if you fiddle with the colormap (cedit & etc) then the above
will change.

/PJ                                                SofPJF at VM.UoGuelph.Ca
(Probably also reachable (until ?) at             SOFPJF at UOGUELPH.BITNET)
Klein bottle for rent, apply within.