SGI's migration to X

Patrick-Gilles Maillot gilles at cannes.Eng.Sun.COM
Fri Sep 7 00:29:04 AEST 1990

On the net yesterday:

>From what Mark says, I take it that Sun's DGA does not allow XGL and X
>drawing calls to be made in the same window.  Basically then, it just
>allows XGL and X/NeWS windows to share the same screen without trouncing
>on each other.

You should not rely on SGI to get information about the capabilities
of XGL, Sun's DGA, or Sun in general...

XGL and X calls CAN be made in the same window. Obviously, XGL calls are
using DGA and therefore will be much faster in terms of rendering speed.

It's time we start an Sun/XGL news group.

-Patrick-Gilles Maillot