Announcing gdiff

Brendan Eich brendan at illyria.wpd.sgi.com
Sat Sep 29 09:20:36 AEST 1990

Gdiff, a swell graphical diff tool we've been using at SGI for a while, is
now available via anonymous ftp from sgi.sgi.com.  It was written by Andrew
Myers, who was with SGI and is now at MIT.  There's a packed man page, too.
I've included some legalese below about how gdiff is free without warranty;
you'll nevertheless like it a lot.

The gdiff binary is available via anonymous ftp on sgi.com (192.248.153.1)
in the "sgi/gdiff" subdirectory.  You must be running 4D1-3.3 or later to
use this version of gdiff.

If you don't have Internet connectivity to sgi.sgi.com, but can e-mail to
us, send a message *after October 1st* to gdiff-request at sgi.com and you'll
receive a reply message containing compressed gdiff and its man page.

Brendan Eich
Silicon Graphics, Inc.
brendan at sgi.com

-----
This software is provided without support and without any obligation on
the part of Silicon Graphics, Inc. to assist in its use, correction,
modification or enhancement.  There is no guarantee that this software
will be included in future software releases.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITH NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND
INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF DESIGN, MERCHANTIBILITY AND FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OR TRADE
PRACTICE.

In no event will Silicon Graphics, Inc. be liable for any lost revenue or
profits or other special, indirect and consequential damages, even if
Silicon Graphics, Inc.  has been advised of the possibility of such damages.