problem with compiling

Malgorzata Sturgill margaret at cs.utah.edu
Wed Sep 12 08:45:05 AEST 1990

Hi ,
I am compiling a large C++ program. I am getting the following error.

pwhite: both a large and small symbol (possible gp relocation errors may result)
allEvents: both a large and small symbol (possible gp relocation errors may result)
updownEvents: both a large and small symbol (possible gp relocation errors may result)
gray: both a large and small symbol (possible gp relocation errors may result)
crosshairs: both a large and small symbol (possible gp relocation errors may result)
/usr/bin/ld:
Warning: gp relocation out-of-range in .text section for relocation entry 11 for symbol: pwhite
Warning: above gp relocation entry for non .sdata or .sbss symbol
Warning: gp relocation out-of-range in .text section for relocation entry 1 for symbol: allEvents
Warning: above gp relocation entry for non .sdata or .sbss symbol
Warning: gp relocation out-of-range in .text section for relocation entry 11 for symbol: crosshairs
Warning: above gp relocation entry for non .sdata or .sbss symbol
Warning: gp relocation out-of-range in .text section for relocation entry 168 for symbol: updownEvents
Warning: above gp relocation entry for non .sdata or .sbss symbol
Warning: gp relocation out-of-range in .text section for relocation entry 174 for symbol: updownEvents
Warning: above gp relocation entry for non .sdata or .sbss symbol
Warning: gp relocation out-of-range in .text section for relocation entry 19 for symbol: gray
Warning: above gp relocation entry for non .sdata or .sbss symbol
Warning: gp relocation out-of-range in .text section for relocation entry 23 for symbol: updownEvents

Warning: above gp relocation entry for non .sdata or .sbss symbol
Data not subject to the -G num value overflows the global pointer area.
No -G num value will work including 0.

I am compiling with -G 47 , which was obtained when I was compiling with
-G 47

My biggest question is where should I go from here?

					m.

Malgorzata Marek Sturgill		margaret at cs.utah.edu
					margaret at ms.uky.edu

"A sphere isn't that simple when you get into higher dimensions