4D/70G -> 70/GT help

Brian McClendon bam at sgi.com
Sat Sep 22 10:18:43 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep21.081831 at hiatus.enet.dec.com> kevin at hiatus.enet.dec.com (Kevin D. Baranski-Walker) writes:
>--
>I picked up a GT board set with the naive assumption of a simple upgrade.  The
>PROM
>monitor version is 4D1-3.1 (from memory - sorry).   The video simply seems not
>be syncing properly.  I assume that sync is no longer on green for the GT,
>correct?
>
>I would appreciate any assistance.  (I realize that some information is missing
>from
>this note, but I'm not sure which info is relevant.)
>
>(This is my personal machine, Digital is not *that* cheap as not to buy
>maintenance
>contract :-)
>---------------------------------
>Kevin D. Baranski-Walker	->	Internet:    kevin at hiatus.enet.dec.com
>Digital Equipment Corporation	->	NeXTMail:    kevin at ncubed.uucp
>Nashua, New Hampshire		->	FAX:	     (603)881-0120

You don't mention any other problems, but I know you will need
a chunk of software to get it up an running.  If you can get
a tape of /etc/gl/*/*/*..., /bin/news_server, and /usr/lib/libgl{.a,_s.a,_s}
that should cover most of the bases.  Don't know much about what prom
rev u need, but if you have a tty you can work around that
problem with "setenv console d", and /etc/gl/restartgl to kick
off the window manager. Hack,Hack,Hack,Hack,Hack,Hack.