Info Needed on Color Scanner

John Fwu/BTI john at TRILLIAN.JSC.NASA.GOV
Sat Feb 9 02:54:11 AEST 1991

In article <9102072208.AA06746 at banach.aca.mcc.com>, <nong at mcc.com>
(Nong Tarlton) writes:

>We are looking for a color image scanner (digitizer) to hookup with our
>PI.  Does anyone know of any, other than the Cannon laser printer/scanner.

Under IRIX 3.3.1 /usr/sbin/scanner supported Sharp FX-450 Color image scanner
or the Howtek scanner (an OEM'ed version of the FX-450).

A lab in our area has a Howtek Scanmaster II scanner connected to a VGX.
They have had no problems using third party software to scan images,
but they have had no luck with /usr/sbin/scanner.  They are wondering
if anyone (SGI?) can give them the source code.  They did 'strings scanner'
and didn't find the escape sequence (printable strings) which is used
to control a Howtek Scanmaster II scanner on a Masscomp UNIX workstation.
|     Integrated Graphics Operations and Analysis Laboratory (IGOAL)    |\
\ J. John Fwu                     \ Internet: john at trillian.jsc.nasa.gov \ \
 \ Barrios Tech.                   \ SPANnet: MPAD::FWU                   \ \
  \ NASA JSC, ER4                   \ TEXnet: UTADNX::UTSPAN::MPAD::FWU    \ \
   \ Houston, TX 77058               \ Voice: (713) 483-8101 FAX: 483-3204  \ \