how do I tell how many processors there are?

Micah Altman micah at flobb4.csd.sgi.com
Tue Feb 12 17:39:47 AEST 1991

In <Feb.11.13.25.37.1991.500 at arakis.rutgers.edu> figuei at arakis.rutgers.edu (Francisco Figueirido) writes:

>processors, they only show one. I was wondering if there is a nice
>(i.e., software) way of really telling how many processors there are.

>From the shell line you can use:
	hinv(1M)

Inside a program use:
	sysmp(2) with the argument MP_NPROCS

This will tell you how many processors are physically configured.

It is also possible that you have cpu two boards but they aren't recognized by
the kernel at boot-up. I've seen this happen occasionally, it usually disappears
for me if I reboot.

Hope this helps.

--
	"Entia non sunt multiplicanda sine necessitate." - William of Ockham
	Micah Altman, "Computational Juggler"	   	   micah at csd.sgi.com
	Phone (415) 335-1866				   FAX (415) 965-2309
	Disclaimer: 	Everything in this document is a lie.