how do I tell how many processors there are?

Francisco Figueirido figuei at arakis.rutgers.edu
Tue Feb 12 05:25:38 AEST 1991

Hi! We have a 4D/210 which my boss says it has two processors (the
original came with only one). But neither osview nor hinv show two
processors, they only show one. I was wondering if there is a nice
(i.e., software) way of really telling how many processors there are.
I could try running many copies of one job and see how the time scales
with the number of jobs (or open the box and check the boards!), but I
would prefer something more elegant, like having a program with a loop
which I can control which processor will execute, or something like
that. Any help will be highly appreciated!

	Francisco Figueirido
	e-mail: figuei at lutece.rutgers.edu