how do I tell how many processors there are?

Kenny McDonald c60244 at ccfiris.aedc
Wed Feb 13 01:02:33 AEST 1991

>>>Hi! We have a 4D/210 which my boss says it has two processors (the
>>>original came with only one). But neither osview nor hinv show two
>>>processors, they only show one. I was wondering if there is a nice
>>>(i.e., software) way of really telling how many processors there are.
>>>I could try running many copies of one job and see how the time scales
>>>with the number of jobs (or open the box and check the boards!), but I
>>>would prefer something more elegant, like having a program with a loop
>>>which I can control which processor will execute, or something like
>>>that. Any help will be highly appreciated!

Try (hinv) to see you hardware inventory.  The first line should tell you
how many processors there are on your machine.  In order to run a process on
a particular processor try the (runon) command.

  vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
  | Kenneth M. McDonald * OAO Corp * Arnold Engineering Development Center |
  |          MS 120 * Arnold AFS, TN 37389-9998 * (615) 454-3413           |
  INTERNET:                                               OO   AA   OO
  @aedc-vax.af.mil:c60244 at ccfiris.aedc                   O  O A  A O  O
                                                         O  O AAAA O  O
  c60244 at ccfiris                                          OO  A  A  OO