function key problems...

michael sweet sweetmr at SCT60A.SUNYCT.EDU
Sun Feb 17 13:00:05 AEST 1991

This reply bounced...  This concerns problems with PCs, the Ted editor, and
function keys:

Well, I have noticed that Procomm on our PC's doesn't send the proper PF
escape sequences for F3 and F4- I think it sends ESC [ q and ESC [ r;
in any case, you can probably just make a new terminfo entry from the
vt100 entry and name it 'vtpc' or something so things work out better...

Yea, Ted beats the hell out of vi, tho phone logins below 2400 baud are
horrible; I usually end up using vi for the faster screen updates (it doesn't
use curses....)  Eventually, Ted will move away from curses and go for
both the GFX and ASCII sides of things...

 -Mike