psview -- can its default position be set?

Stuart Levy slevy at poincare.geom.umn.edu
Mon Feb 18 10:51:27 AEST 1991

I'd like to use something of the form

    echo '  (psview)  x0 y0 xsize ysize  makepreference  ' | psh

to get psview to pop its window up in a particular spot, without
interactive placement.  I can't seem to guess the right window name though --
neither "psview" (the obvious thing), "ps" (the apparent icon title),
nor "stdin" (psview's label for the window) has any effect.

Psview's -F option sets the window size but not position; I'm trying to get
absolute placement.  Is there some way to make this work?

    Stuart Levy