(no subject given)

Amos Shapira amoss at SHUM.HUJI.AC.IL
Tue Feb 12 18:33:52 AEST 1991

peta at McRCIM.McGill.EDU (Peter Whaite) writes:
>Has anyone had any experience with C++ on Silicon Graphics machines?
I managed to compile the old version of AT&T cfront but it needed to much
stinking tweaks, VERY unrecommanded (very possible the new cfront is
different).

>Is it possible to compile g++ ?

Get g++-osf-1.9.2.11.tar.Z from foobar.colorado.edu directory pub/Gnu-For-Pmax,
based on gcc-osf-1.9.2.14 (also from the same location). Don't know what the
status of gcc-1.39 as far as MIPS is concerned.
You will also need the libG++ (the regular distribution) but there are
some foundamental problems with it (I didn't manage to print through
stderr, for instance).

Hopw this helps,
Amos Shapira
Hebrew University