Problems with building rn

The Troll thetroll at rata.vuw.ac.nz
Thu Feb 7 10:09:37 AEST 1991

I'm having some trouble getting rn to go properly on the Silicon
Graphics. When I start it up without a .newsrc file, it creates one and
then promptly decides that every group is bogus. A dump of the output is
appended below. Has anyone encountered this problem? And if so what did you
do to fix it?

Thanks

--
Alex Heatley                                Computing Services Centre
Domain: alex at rata.vuw.ac.nz                 Victoria University of Wellington

Creating .newsrc in /u/csc/thetroll to be used by news programs.
Done.

If you have never used the news system before, you may find the articles
in news.announce.newusers to be helpful.  There is also a manual entry for rn.

To get rid of newsgroups you aren't interested in, use the 'u' command.
Type h for help at any time while running rn.
Setting up .newsrc...
Warning!  Bogus newsgroup: vuw.ai
Warning!  Bogus newsgroup: vuw.courses.comp102
Warning!  Bogus newsgroup: vuw.courses.comp130
Warning!  Bogus newsgroup: vuw.courses.comp201
Warning!  Bogus newsgroup: vuw.events
Warning!  Bogus newsgroup: vuw.general
Warning!  Bogus newsgroup: vuw.graphics

until al the groups have been marked as bogus.