adding disks to 4D/25

arritt at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu arritt at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
Tue Feb 5 01:49:26 AEST 1991

We have 4D/25's each with the SGI 670 MB disk, and want to add more
disk capacity.  Ideally we would like to get something that will just
plug right in, but doubt that it will be that simple...

Anyway, can someone with experience give us recommendations?  We will
consider both SGI and 3rd-party drives.  Ease of installation and use
is a major factor -- the machines are run and maintained by a bunch of
theorists who don't have the expertise to diddle around with systems
programming and so forth.

Thanks for whatever suggestions you can offer.
Raymond W. Arritt                     |
Assistant Professor                   |
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy        |  "everyone of them knew that as time
Univ. of Kansas                       |   went by they'd get a little bit older
Lawrence, KS  66045                   |   and a little bit slower..."
arritt at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu             |
arritt at walrus.phsx.ukans.edu          |
arritt at ukanvax.bitnet                 |