psterm broken?

Mark Callow msc at ramoth.esd.sgi.com
Sat Feb 2 11:54:45 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb1.211321.15196 at nas.nasa.gov>, browning at nas.nasa.gov (David S. Browning) writes:
|> Is "psterm -t tek4014" known to be broken, in that 4014 graphics don't
|> work?  If so, is it fixed in 3.3?  I suppose I could use X once I get
|> 3.3.  If it's already known to be broken I won't bother our support
|> people about it.  Am I considerate or what?

Yes it's known to be "broken" and no it isn't fixed in 3.3.  Psterm emulates
different terminals by attempting to grok what it should do from the termcap
or terminfo description.  It makes no attempt to emulate graphics capabilities
of any of the terminals.  In fact I don't think graphics capabilities are
even very well described in termcap/terminfo.
--
>From the TARDIS of Mark Callow
msc at ramoth.sgi.com, ...{ames,decwrl}!sgi!msc
"Spirits of genius are always opposed by mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein