How to pick up file names for new lp interface?

S.Jin sjin at castle.ed.ac.uk
Tue Feb 5 05:18:13 AEST 1991

Hi, over there, help please.
We had a new lp interface which is working fine except file names to be
printed.

Suppose this interface is configured as name "newlp". When I use lp
command to print some files, I couldn't get these file names in the
new interface. For example,
$ lp -dnewlp foo1
Somehow the new interface will be called, I want to get the name "foo1"
in the new interface. Is it possible? How do I get the file names in the
new interface?

Actually, the new interface is called with some arguments
like print request id, user name, etc but no the file names to be printed.

Thanks,

S. Jin