INST removes/replaces important files (flame).

Tony Facca fsfacca at AVELON.LERC.NASA.GOV
Tue Feb 5 01:37:54 AEST 1991

>The init.ps file for the window manager startup and the inetd for the
>communication are automatically modified (changed to the new version)
>without notification. This should be removed in future releases, because there
>is some work in these files. There should be a .O or similar extension.

  I second!

  I understand why /usr/etc/inetd.conf must be replaced so that new features
  of the network software are properly handled by inetd (have you ever run
  an OLD inetd.conf with NEW software -- it's kinda strange.. :-)

  /usr/NeWS/lib/user.ps and /usr/NeWS/lib/startup.ps on the other hand are
  simply replaced.  No .O, nothing.  But then, there probably won't be a
  user.ps or startup.ps in the next major release, right?