I'd settle for an R4000...

Christopher Gunn 1k1mgm at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
Sat Feb 2 08:30:52 AEST 1991

There have just been a couple plaintive yelps on this group about
lack of SGI R6000 product.  About this time last year I privately
asked a semi-authoritative source about '4D/6x0' models and
interpreted the throat-clearing and eye-rolling to mean 'Q191.'
Yet so far there aren't even any decent rumors....

I need to think about some semi-serious SGI purchases in the
3-8 mo. time-frame and would love to hear the latest gossip
and speculation on SGI R6000 or (maybe better yet) R4000 products.
Seems to me that a 4D/4x0 wouldn't take much re-engineering and
could be around not too long after there are R4000 chips on the
street.

Christopher Gunn	Molecular Graphics and Modeling Lab
SPAN--KUPHSX::GUNN	Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Malott Hall
913-864-4428 or -4495	University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS  66045