launching gl programs from the console wsh

Mike York zombie at voodoo.UUCP
Wed Jan 30 09:54:38 AEST 1991

In article <9660001 at acf3.NYU.EDU> mcqueen at acf3.NYU.EDU (David McQueen) writes:
>For the past two years I have been running graphics programs on our 4D80GT
>(currently Irix 3.3.1) employing the following piece of folklore:
>
> "never launch a graphics program from the wsh console window"

We've got 130 PI's (and until recently 23 4D/60's) in production where the
end users routinely start up our graphics application from the console
window.  Never had any problems that I'm aware of, and believe me, if there
were problems, they'd let me know.  ;^)

--
    Mike York                            |  "Lord help me, I'm just not
    Boeing Computer Services             |   that bright."