4D/35 vs. 4D/3xx

tj tj at merlin.asd.sgi.com
Thu Jan 24 07:05:39 AEST 1991

-------
> Michael Takayama                                     email:  tak at tce.com
> Technical Support Manager
> TDI America

The performance differences between the 4D35 and 4D310 are correct. The price
difference is not because of performance, rather because of configurability.
The 310 is upgradeable through an eight processor system. It has more VME and
disk capability as well as faster I/O with IPI drives and up to 256MB of
memory instead of 128 on the 4D35.

Tom Jermoluk
ASD/SGI