FORMS Library, A Graphical User Interface Toolkit

Mark Overmars markov at cs.ruu.nl
Thu Jan 10 00:37:32 AEST 1991

After the release of the FORMS library it was pointed out to me (thanks,
Gavin) that the library is written in such a way that it tries to eat up any
piece of idle CPU time on your machine, even if you don't interact with the
forms. This is of course not what you want. Hence, I immediately rewrote the
package (not a big deal) to get rid of this problem. The new version does not
use any CPU time when there is no interaction (except when the forms contain
e.g. a clock).

The new version has been put in the archive, replacing the previous version.
Those of you that already did pick up the old version, please get the new
version instead. Simply throw away the old version because a number of files
have been changed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Mark Overmars