GNU Emacs compiling/executable.

Jeremy Webber jeremy at cs.adelaide.edu.au
Wed Jan 2 09:41:36 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan1.012638.29700 at ecf.utoronto.ca> xiaoyan at ecf.toronto.edu (Yan Xiao) writes:

   Does anybody know a site where I can ftp executable GNU Emacs?  I tried
   to compile source on our 4D but so far no luck.

You don't say which version of Gnu Emacs you tried to compile.  I compiled
version 18.55 on our Personal Iris without any trouble.  There is no window
manager support (HAVE_X_WINDOWS was commented out), but apart from that it runs
well.

Irises are documented in etc/MACHINES.  You need to use s-iris3-6.h and
m-iris4d.h.

We run Irix version 3.2.

		-jeremy
Jeremy Webber			   ACSnet: jeremy at chook.ua.oz
Digital Arts Film and Television,  Internet: jeremy at chook.ua.oz.au
3 Milner St, Hindmarsh, SA 5007,   Voicenet: +61 8 346 4534
Australia			   Papernet: +61 8 346 4537 (FAX)