/debug dbg filesystem

Micah Altman micah at flobb4.csd.sgi.com
Sat Jan 5 05:51:58 AEST 1991

>I am interested in adding to /debug space to the /dev/usr partition.
>I can umount the /debug partition but I can't figure out how to make
>/dev/usr bigger.

The /debug partition is not an actual file system, it
"provides an interface to running processes that may be used by debuggers
such as dbx" and " These files actually consume no
disk space, and are only convenient handles by which a debugger can
attach to a process. " so you don't need to move /debug to /dev/usr.

>I looked through all the manuals we have and I can't
>find it anywhere.

Check the man page on "debug" and the manual entry on "dbg" in the
Programmer's Reference Manual ( Section 4 ).

>I called SGI, and they wanted a purchase Order before they talked to
>me.

The hot line can only answer calls for people with a service contract, I
believe. However, sgi employees often post to this newsgroup.

>Thanks

Your welcome.

	- Micah Altman
	"Computational Juggler"