problems with NQS 'help' command

Jerre Bowen bowen at wanda.SGI.COM
Thu Jan 31 09:00:29 AEST 1991

In article <9101292041.AA29719 at chem.chem.ucsd.edu>, sdempsey at UCSD.EDU
(Steve Dempsey) writes:
> software:	NQS 1.0
> os version:	3.3.1
> model:		4D/340VGX
>
> The NQS documentation frequently urges the reader to invoke the online help
> command in order to obtain useful info that is not documented anywhere else.
> When I invoke the NQS queue manager 'qmgr' and ask for help, I get the
> following garbage as output:

		<garbage output deleted>

> Steve Dempsey					voice:	  (619) 534-0208
> Dept. of Chemistry Computer Facility, 0314	UUCP:	  ucsd!sdempsey
> University of Calif. at San Diego		BITNET:	  sdempsey at ucsd
> 9500 Gilman Drive				INTERNET: sdempsey at ucsd.edu
> La Jolla, CA 92093-0314				fax:	  (619) 534-0058

	Due to an unfortunate string of errors, NQS 1.0 was shipped with a useless
qmgr help facility.  I have put a functional qmgr executable in sgi.com,
available
for anonymous ftp.  Log in as 'anonymous' with a password of your
username, then
cd to pub.  Install the executable in /usr/sbin, with user and group of bin,
permissions of 6111.

	We at SGI apologize for this mistake.

		Jerre Bowen  (bowen at sgi.com)