Uses for an SGI Machine

Michael C. Neuman mcn at lanl.gov
Sun Jan 13 06:44:12 AEST 1991

  I have been given the wonderful job of convincing the administration of
Albuquerque Academy (a small private high-school) that they do indeed
need to buy an SGI /70G machine. The price is not a problem, but it's usefulness
is what I'm concerned with.

  I'm curious as to the availability of scientific (physics, chemistry,
meteorology, etc) software, as well as art (animation, "drawing" programs) and
general business software (word processors, spread sheets, databases, etc).
By availability, I mean price, and quality.

  Also, I'd be interested in any "odd" uses people have found for the machine
as well as a general salespitch. (When a local salesman was asked what it could
do, he replied, "Just about everything." which doesn't make my job of "selling"
the administration any easier!)

  Thanks in advance for your time, and please reply via E-Mail so as not to
clutter the newsgroup.

-Mike Neuman
Albuquerque Academy
mcn at beta.lanl.gov