Transferring TIFF files to a Mac

Reinhard Doelz / URZ Basel doelz at urz.unibas.ch
Sat Jun 29 03:56:32 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun27.162127.53602 at eagle.wesleyan.edu>, gravishanker at eagle.wesleyan.edu writes:
> I tried doing exactly the same thing with the TIFF file produced by totiff. I
> transferred the file to Mac using ascii, binary with and without MacBinary
> enabled modes. None of the files are recognized by any software on the Mac that
> is supposed to recognize a TIFF file.  Though I have no idea what the command
> line argument -c stands for in the totiff program, I tried that also.
>
> What am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
>
> Ravi

I have had the same problem a time ago as I wanted to place the tiff file in
a Pagemaker dokument. The problem was that the application requires the
type of the file to be set to TIFF (Creator doesn't matter). There are a
couple of utilities around where you can manipulate the type and creator,
I used something called FileTool, but it should be on any good PD server.

Regards
Reinhard

|Dr. Reinhard Doelz  | X.400: S=doelz,OU=urz,O=unibas,P=switch,A=arcom,C=ch   |
|  Universitaets-    | RFC  : doelz at urz.unibas.ch                             |
|  rechenzentrum     | X.25 : psi%022846211142::embnet                        |