Transferring TIFF files to a Mac

gravishanker at eagle.wesleyan.edu gravishanker at eagle.wesleyan.edu
Fri Jun 28 07:21:27 AEST 1991

Hi

I am generating some ray-traced images of molecules on my Personal Iris and
they are generated in the Iris rgb format. I convert them using togif and
totiff (from sgi.com). The GIF file resulting from togif was transferred to a
Mac IIcx using NCSA Telnet's FTP with mode binary (Macbinary disabled). This
file is viewable on the Mac using VisionLab Demo, which has a GIF viewer.
Unfortunately what we have is a demo and we cannot do a whole lot with it.

I tried doing exactly the same thing with the TIFF file produced by totiff. I
transferred the file to Mac using ascii, binary with and without MacBinary
enabled modes. None of the files are recognized by any software on the Mac that
is supposed to recognize a TIFF file.  Though I have no idea what the command
line argument -c stands for in the totiff program, I tried that also.

What am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ravi