A Few Tektronix Printer/Driver Questions

cbas25 at vaxa.strath.ac.uk cbas25 at vaxa.strath.ac.uk
Wed Jun 26 04:52:45 AEST 1991

Re Tektronix 4693DX and 4694DX Printers
One of the nice things about the IRIX systems is that there are
unexpected goodies to be found in the innermost depths of the system.
We had a requirement recently to get colour prints from our screen
displays, and colleages pointed me in the direction of a utility:-

                            /usr/lib/print/t93print
(Use /usr/lib/print/t93print  xxxx.rgb  >xxxx.tek)

This converts a   *.rgb file obtained with icut into the necessary format
for this 4693 printer in a second file.
In our case the powers who own the printer which is on
our network wont let me use it directly, but if I ftp this file to the
appropriate server (actually a Sun machine) then I can get it printed.
I hope this is of some use,
Peter Bladon
Internet:          cbas25%vaxa.strath.ac.uk at nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
BITNET:            cbas25%vaxa.strath.ac.uk at UKACRL
UUCP:              cbas25%vaxa.strath.ac.uk at ukc.uucp