A Few Tektronix Printer/Driver Questions

cmellor at RELAY.NSWC.NAVY.MIL cmellor at RELAY.NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Tue Jun 25 00:38:30 AEST 1991

To Anyone Who Can Help,

   We have three Tektronix printers which are associated with our
IRIS Workstations.  The first is a model 4693D which is connect to
and working with an IRIS 4D/GT.  We also have a 4693DX and 4694DX
printer which we would like to connect and access by a Personal
IRIS.

   I have three questions concerning the 4693DX and 4694DX:

       1.) Am I correct in assuming that both of these printers
           have PostScript capabilities?
       2.) Will the SGI driver that we use on the 4D/GT with the
           4693D printer work with the 4693DX and/or the 4694DX?
       3.) If the answer to question #2 is NO, can anyone tell
           me where and how to obtain drivers for the 4693DX and
           4694DX printers.  Also I would appreciate part numbers
           and prices if these drivers need to be purchased.

   Thanks for help in advance...........

| Cynthia Mellor                 INTERnet: cmellor at relay.nswc.navy.mil |
| U.S. Navy                      FAX:      (703) 663-8382              |
| Naval Surface Warfare Center   PHONE:    (703) 663-8855 (8:30 - 4:30 |
| Bldg. 1200, Code K51                                     EST)        |
| Dahlgren, VA 22448                                                   |
| "REMEMBER -- The attention span of a computer is only as long as its |
|              power cord!"                                            |
|                                                              Unknown |