Showcase and using lpr to print

Amy Swanson amys at TheImprov.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Jun 19 23:31:36 AEST 1991

Just started using Showcase yesterday and I wanted to print a document I
just created.  I don't have the luxury of having a printer connected directly
to my SGI (or any other SGI around) and we are using lpr for our printing
(that's what happens when you have a heterogeneous hardware environment).
Does anyone have any suggestions?  I tried this:

     icut doc   (used 'icut' to get the Showcase doc)
     tops doc | lpr

It printed the doc, but the printer sees the background as "grey" instead
of plain/white.  Any ideas?

Thanks!
Amy

Amy K. Swanson
SGI Systems Administrator
NCSA - National Center for Supercomputing Applications
University of Illinois @ Urbana-Champaign

amys at ncsa.uiuc.edu