drawmode(to overlay or pupdraw)

Mike Papper mpapp at
Tue Jun 4 02:26:54 AEST 1991

I have been using the pupdraw planes lately and find
that if I want to switch to draw into the pupplanes
then draw back to the normal planes (or whatever planes I was drawing in)
I have to do a drawmode(NORMALDRAW) to get the GTX to draw into
the normal bitplanes.

If I use pushattributes and popattributes
it doesn't help or hinder, however I must make the drawmode(NORMALDRAW)
BEFORE any popattributes -- if I do the following:

pushattributes
drawmode(PUPDRAW)
da da da
drawmode(NORMALDRAW)
popattributes

it works fine, but if I do:

pushattributes
drawmode(PUPDRAW)
da da da
popattributes
drawmode(NORMALDRAW)

then subsequent drawing doesn't go to the normal bitplanes.
If I substirute OVERDRAW for PUPDRAW it works correctly.
If I change the drawmode back to NORMALDRAW and do a gconfig
then drawing to the normal bitplanes starts functioning
correctly.

BUT, HOWEVER,
on an 8 bitPI this effect doesn't occur, the foloowing draws correctly:

pushattributes
drawmode(PUPDRAW)
da da da
popattributes

Can anyone explain?
I think this may relate to my previous post/question on using
getdisplaymode to figure out the window's status,
and overlay and normal bitplanes sharing current colour etc.

email responses would be appreciated.

Mike Papper
mpapp at godzilla.cgl.rmit.oz.au