(none)

eugholz at ATHENA.MIT.EDU eugholz at ATHENA.MIT.EDU
Wed Jun 26 22:06:12 AEST 1991

Subject: Re: conversion of VAX ULTRIX UNFORMATTED FORTRAN DATA FILES
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 91 08:42:58 EDT

I tried to send this directly, but it bounced...

I know very little about VAXes, and very little about Fortran (I think
that's what your output code tidbit that you included in your letter
was...).  However, I did write some code on the IRIS last summer to
read files that were created on a VAX using real numbers in fortran,
taking care of the necessary byte swapping to make them into SGI
doubles (as I recall...  Maybe floats or something) in C code.  Since
that project was eventually dropped, the code hasn't been used
extensively and therefore cannot be guaranteed to be absolutely
bug-free, but if you're interested I can make my C code available to
you (if this is what you need, which I'm not absolutely clear on to
begin with...), at least to look at.
If you want it, I'll mail it to you...
Eugene Gholz
eugholz at athena.mit.edu