Color Printers for SGI's (CLC500 someone?)

Andrew Danne andrew at foetus
Thu Jun 6 22:17:37 AEST 1991

In article <1991May22.115034.3987 at ifi.unizh.ch> meyer at ifi.unizh.ch writes:
>I wonder if anybody got one of these fancy Color Laser Copiers CLC500 from
>Canon and managed it to connect it to an Iris using the SCSI interface?
>Are there any drivers available, either public domain or commercial?
>Any help will be appreciated.
>
>Urs
>

>Urs Meyer ---------- meyer at ifi.unizh.ch, {uunet,...}!mcsun!cernvax!unizh!meyer
>University of Zurich, Dept of Computer Science, Multimedia Lab, CH-8057 Zurich

In answer to this, a company in Melbourne, Australia has a really good product
 that does this, built up as a commerical package that they programmed
 themselves. The company name is DOT PER INCH and the product is used in the
 pre and post-press market place.
 Contact :- John Mitchel in the Silicon Graphics Melbourne Office on
 (61) (3) 8828211 and he can give you the number for them. Cannon Australia
 also knows this company very well. The software is designed to run on
 all levels of the SGI product range.

 Mail me if you need further information.