(none)

Jill Gemmill jpg at NRC3D.NRC.UAB.EDU
Thu Jun 6 23:51:01 AEST 1991

To: info-iris at BRL.MIL
>Subject: ASCII to PS

>Does anyone have a simple, reliable ASCII text to PS converter?  I would
>like to connect my HPLJIII+PS cartridge to my Iris, without having to buy
>TranScript.  Most of the files that I print are already PS, but I will need
>to convert text files, etc.  Any help would be appreciated.

"pps" will do the job:

	Pps is a pretty printer for PostScript devices. It handles C, awk, sh,
	lisp, mail, PostScript and English; adding more languages is simple.

	Pps is almost as fast as plain text-to-PostScript filters, so some
	people here use it daily for source-code listing.  Most of the work is
	done by the printer: Unix just separates the input into tokens, using
	different lex(1) programs for each language.

	Slide does the same, but ``expands'' the output to fit over a full
	page. This is useful for making overhead projection transparencies.

	Both pps and slide run on Sun, Vax, Gould, CCI, RT and other BSD
	machines; they used to cope with SVR2, but that was a long time ago.

	AVAILABLE FROM:
	On Paradise, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel.
	on at hujics.bitnet  on at humus.huji.ac.il  ...!mcvax!huji!on

    Jill Gemmill
    Neurobiology Research Center	    INTERNET: jpg at nrc3d.nrc.uab.edu
    University of Alabama at Birmingham
    Volker Hall G82E			    PHONE: 205-934-7111
    Birmingham Alabama 35294-0019	    FAX: 205-934-6571