psview: how much it offers and why we need TeX viewer??

Bernard J. Duffy bernie at umbc3.umbc.edu
Tue Jun 4 03:24:03 AEST 1991

In article <9105281659.AA08969 at aero36.larc.nasa.gov> blbates at AERO36.LARC.NASA.GOV (Brent Bates ViGYAN AAD/TAB) writes:

>  Psview doesn't work for most things.  However, IRIX 4.0 is SUPPOSE to
>have a working psview, so maybe then we can preview PostScript files.
>Until then if you want to preview TeX/LaTeX files you will have to get
>the special previewer from the info-iris archives.

     GNU's GhostScript (gs) works on the SGIs.  I find it to be an
excellent previewer.  It only works under X-windows and it seems to even
handle color ps files/scripts.

post news fodder.   Enjoy,  Bernie  (bernie at pinhead.acs.umbc.edu)

--
Bernie Duffy   Systems Programmer II | Bitnet    :  BERNIE at UMBC2
Academic Computing Services - L005e  | Internet  :  BERNIE at UMBC2.UMBC.EDU