Name Server problem

Bill Silvert silvert at cs.dal.ca
Wed Jun 19 06:34:01 AEST 1991

In article <9106181325.AA23813 at ccfiris.aedc> mcdonald at AEDC-VAX.AF.MIL writes:
>Since you can't just type in ben or jerry from the PI, this means that your
>machine has no domain associated with it.
>You can create a /usr/etc/resolv.conf
>file or you can put the PI's name in /etc/sys_id as PIname.domain.name.
>This should solve your problem.

I've tried both.  The second solution doesn't work.  The first does, but
unfortunately it means that I can no longer use the System Manager to
manage the network, since it refuses to run if resolv.conf exists.
Pity, since it is a handy tool for a novice like myself.
--
William Silvert, Habitat Ecology Division, Bedford Inst. of Oceanography
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2.  Tel. (902)426-1577
BITNET=silvert%biome%dalcs at dalac	InterNet=silvert%biome at cs.dal.ca