(none)

Dileep Krishna krishna at DIGOXIN.PHARMACY.OHIO-STATE.EDU
Wed Jun 5 06:39:21 AEST 1991

Ian Hoyle writes:

>This indicates that the machines's in-addr.arpa name has not been found in
>the named.rev file ie. it can't match the name it thinks it is to that
>returned when the window server does an initial gethostbyaddr call when it
>starts up.

However this does not explain why I have been having the same problem even though I have configured the machine as a client only. The manual says that named.rev is mandatory for primary servers, by which I understood that it was not needed with my machine as a client.
Is this a basic misunderstanding? I would be most appreciative of some answers that would help me whittle down my humungous /etc/hosts file.

Thanks,

Dileep Krishna

Ohio State University.