tcpdump

Scott R. Presnell srp at babar.mmwb.ucsf.edu
Wed Mar 27 01:34:25 AEST 1991

finn.drablos at sintef.no (Finn Drablos) writes:

>the offending traffic stems from. So I am looking for a tool for looking
>at the network traffic, something like tcpdump for sun (we don't have
>any suns (!)). It don't need to be very sophisticated, we just want to
>find out if we really need this traffic.

I was able to port the more recent version of tcpdump, 2.0, to the IRIX
snoop(7) network interface.  Moreover, the developers of tcpdump have
cleaned up the code some so that there are not the memory alignment
problems that there were before.  Tcpdump now recognizes several different
packet semantices (sp?): this makes it a more useful tool than before.

You can find tcpdump 2.0 with support for IRIX on babar.mmwb.ucsf.edu
[128.218.21.42] in ~ftp/pub/tcpdump2.0.tar.Z

	Good Luck.

	- Scott Presnell (srp at cgl.ucsf.edu)
--
Scott Presnell				        +1 (415) 476-9890
Pharm. Chem., S-926				Internet: srp at cgl.ucsf.edu
University of California			UUCP: ...ucbvax!ucsfcgl!srp
San Francisco, CA. 94143-0446			Bitnet: srp at ucsfcgl.bitnet