track package for software distribution

Arnold M. Yee ayee at nas.nasa.gov
Sat Mar 16 07:11:38 AEST 1991

Has anyone had any experience with using track for software distribution among
several machines?  I am interested in any information regarding the use of this
software and how it compares with rdist in terms of speed, reliability, security, etc.

I would like to use either track or rdist to distribute approximately 150 Mbyte
consisting of 15500 files.

Please address replies to me and I will post a summary of responses.

Thanks in advance,
--Arnold M. Yee

Arnold M. Yee                                Systems Administrator CSC/NAS
ayee at nas.nasa.gov                            NASA Ames Research Center
 ...!ames!amelia!ayee                        Mail Stop 258-6
415-604-4315                                 Moffett Field, CA 94035-1000