SGI data visualization program. What is the current status ??

Jeff P. M. Hultquist hultquis at nas.nasa.gov
Sat Mar 16 05:15:29 AEST 1991

In article <ianh.668920156 at morgana> ianh at bhpmrl.oz.au (Ian Hoyle) writes:

>    From: ianh at bhpmrl.oz.au (Ian Hoyle)
>    Newsgroups: comp.sys.sgi
>    Date: 14 Mar 91 03:09:16 GMT
>
>    Back at Siggraph '91 I noticed with some interest that SG was
>    recruiting for a team to work on a new scientific visualization
>    software suite headed up by Craig Upson of AVS fame from
>    Stardent.

Yes, I believe that all of this is true.

>    Does anyone (perhaps even from Mountain View) have any light to
>    shed on the current status of this project??

NASA-Ames is right next door to SGI, and we have a ton
of SGI products.  We were visited recently by a
marketing/technical-liaison sort of person recently.

He spent the day asking us questions about the sort of
visualization we do here, and what sort of software we
would like to see from SGI.

I personally found it disconcerting that they were
asking such questions so far into the project.

-- jeff
Jeff Hultquist				hultquis at nas.nasa.gov
NASA - Ames Research Center		(415) 604-4970
Disclaimer:  "I am not a rocket scientist."