SecretMail

Phil Dench architec at cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au
Thu Mar 7 18:59:17 AEST 1991

rpaul at dolphin.omni.co (Rodian Paul) writes:

>We tend to send a fair amount of confidential stuff between these
>sushi-shores and the real world, but it's a pain to have to crypt/uuencode
>and uudecode/crypt time and time again. ...

If you are really serious about your files secrecy, you shouldn't just be
using 'crypt'.  There are freely available tools around that allow anyone
to get plain text within a few minutes if they can read your file and have
some idea of its likely contents.

As far as I know, compress before crypting gives a better level of
protection (thats what I do anyway).

Phil