Tahiti anyone?

dale chayes dale at lamont.ldgo.columbia.edu
Thu Mar 21 09:07:46 AEST 1991

I seem to recall that this question was asked recently, but don't
recall seeing any answers, so:

Does anyone have any experience with adding magneto-optic
(re-writeable) optical disks such as the Tahiti to 4D/20s?  I'm in
dire need of more space (who's not), but for intermittent access to
large (couple hunderd megabyte) data sets.  Speed is not particularly
critical, but the drive has to look just like a "real" file system so that
all the standard things (tar, cpio, bru, plus read() and write()) work
transparently.

I will (of course) post a summary.

Thanks in advance,

Dale

--
Dale Chayes Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory of Columbia University
Route 9W, Palisades, N.Y.  10964	dale at lamont.ldgo.columbia.edu
voice:	(914) 359-2900 extension 434	fax: (914) 359-6817